|Excursion in Tanzania 5-6 hours||1 pax||2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5 pax||6+ pax|
|Hike to Mandara Hut, KLM Day Trip||$264||$200||$195||$190||$180||$170|
A Hike to Mandala Hut, the the first hut along Mt. Kilimanjaro’s Marangu Route (“Coca-Cola Route”).
It’s just an hour drive from Moshi Town to Kilimanjaro National Park’s Marangu Gate (starting point) and three hours walking from the gate to Mandara Hut (2700 m). Walking starts from the gate at (1970m). Enjoy walking in the Montane forest where Mandara Hut is situated on the forest belt border just below the Maundi Crater. Walking in the montane forest and shortly in the heath and moorland vegetation with beautiful endemic flora to Maundi Crater you will enjoy the breathtaking view of magnificent Mt. Kilimanjaro, also you can get the chance to see varieties of birds, primates i.e. Black and White Colobus Monkey and varieties of trees and beautiful flowers.
01. Hike to Mandara Hut and back to park gate After breakfast at your hotel, you will meet your guide, drive to the Kilimanjaro National Park Marangu Gate, register and commence the climb.
Walk through the rainforest to the Mandara encampment. A side trip to Maundi Crater is a good way to see the surroundings including Northern Tanzania and Kenya. In the rain-forest, look for towering Eucalyptus trees, bird life, and Colobus monkeys.
After lunch, hike back to park gate and drive back to Moshi.
Elevation:1860m/6100ft to 2700m/8875ft
Hiking Time: 3-4 hours up / 2-3 hours down
Habitat: Montane Forest
– Pick up and drop from Moshi/Arusha
– All tours and entrance fee per person
– Proficient English speaking guide
– Lunch box
– Mineral clean water
– Pick up to the hotel and drop off to the hotel after the tour
– Government taxes
– Optional tours
– Personal items
– Medical insurance
– Gratuities & tips for mountain guide
– Airport transfers.
– Hotel accommodation in Moshi/Arusha.